Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Special Birthday

For my birthday this year my hunny and I indulged in some yummy truffles from Sweet Jenny's (adorable name for a shop!). I noticed this place when we moved to the area a few months ago and have wanted to go there. My wonderful husband also surprised me with an adorable Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag! Mine is the gray and yellow one pictured below. So cute and trendy!
My sister gave me the book L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad. I already now it is going to be a cheesy read, but we both love her regardless! And she gave the baby a set of cute green flannel receiving blankets that have monkeys all over it. My brother-in-law and his family gave me the greatest birthday card and a gift card to Starbucks. I loved this coffee shop so much before I was pregnant. Somehow I managed to quit my love for coffee and switch to tea for the baby. I know caffeine is alright for the baby in small moderation, but I would rather not risk it. The gift card will still be put to use tho! I love their sweets selection! For the Fall season, their pumpkin bread was my favorite mmm! My mother-in-law and momma sent me some birthday money to spend on myself but shopping for the baby has been more exciting than shopping for myself these days. I couldn't really think of anything I needed that I already had. My mother gave me so much new clothing a few weeks ago that I felt set in that department. So, I shopped for the baby, and I had a blast doing it! Here's what I got...
Sophie Giraffe because this all natural teether is too cute!

Okay, I lied! This one is for me but I'm sure the baby will be entertained with the music I make from it. I have wanted to learn how to play the harmonica for awhile now. I was excited when I found this nifty kit at Barnes & Nobles.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle because I don't have enough books already! A few months ago, I found a list of the top 100 children's novels and decided to start collecting them for my child. I hope to pass my love for reading on to my children.
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein because this book is a classic and I can't wait to read it to my baby. At this rate baby Lindstrom's book collection is bigger than it's wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment