Monday, December 13, 2010

This semester I enrolled in five classes and somehow managed to keep it together while being pregnant. Last week I had finals and was extremely busy writing papers and studying. It was beyond stressful for me, and I am now very happy it is finally over with. Since my due date is in March, it would not work to return for spring semester. I'm planning to take a leave of absence from the university and return in the Fall once I have daycare for the new little one. And those first few months after the baby is born are such a special time, I don't want to miss out on them either.

In the meantime, I get to relax and prepare for the baby's arrival. This is something I have been looking forward to the entire semester. Every time the semester comes to an end I get super excited to start leisure reading again. Before the baby arrives, I would like to finish one book a week. This is the last time in my life when I will ever have alone time like this, so I might as well enjoy it! When Matt and I went home over Thanksgiving break, my sister and I shopped at our hometown's used bookstore. I get carried away and can never control myself when the prices on books are marked so cheap. But, I think splurging on books is an okay thing and I even found the book Bambi to add to our baby's shelf. Pictured below are the new novels I discovered.

Also, the last couple of weeks I have wanted to clean and organize our loft but have been too busy with school to go into nesting mode. Besides preparing our place for the baby, I would like to update my scrapbook of Matt and I during our early years. This project seems to never get completed and if I don't finish it before the baby arrives, I know it will never get done. Here's to be being productive!










No comments:

Post a Comment