Thursday, January 20, 2011

During my pregnancy, I've tried keeping my spending on maternity clothes at a minimum. This way I can splurge a little more on the baby's adorable toys, clothes, books, etc. For the most part, it's been really easy. I went through my exsisting wardrobe and selected tops and bottoms that are stretchy friendly and packed the rest away for the time being. This allowed me to see what I have to work with and what I need to add to my wardrobe. I hardly needed any dress wear, because I'm currently not working. When I was in school, I was barely showing yet and wore my pre-pregnancy sweat pants almost daily. And now that I'm taking a break from school and lounging at home, I really have no reason to get all dolled up. With the exception of the weekends when Matt and I run errands and to take my updated belly bump pictures.

I do have a few maternity pieces that were my favorites these past few months...




The BeBand is a great invention. I used this so much during my first trimester. It allowed me to wear my pre-pregancy jeans comfortably until about my fifth month. I'll be using it again after the baby is born since losing the baby weight doesn't happen over night.



I LOVE these Old Navy full-panel skinny jeans. They are so comfortable and stylish. If I wasn't wearing sweat pants, I was wearing these. Unfortunately, they started becoming uncomfortable around my sixth month when my belly outgrew the panel.



I can't forget to give credit to these roll panel yoga pants from Old Navy. I have the gray and black pair and they are so comfy.

I'm impressed with Old Navy's maternity section. I rarely shopped there before I was pregnant. And, there selection of baby clothes are adorable and affordable as well. Looks like the store has become a fast favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment