Friday, January 14, 2011

Style by Lauren Conrad is a book on make-up and fashion that I very much enjoyed reading from start to finish. I normally don't buy or read many style books, because I feel they become outdated so fast. Trends are changing constantly that I would rather get the latest fashion and make-up tips from magazines. But I adore Lauren's simple and fresh look that I had to read and have it.

After reading this book, it has inspired me to...


...give red lipstick a try. I wore my ruby red lips on several different occasions during the holiday season, and I would have to say that I loved the look. I'm wondering why I never tried this classic lipstick color before. I guess I didn't think I could pull it off. It made my face pop out nicely in my photos too. There are about a zillion different shades of red to choose from, I went with L'oreal's True Red.


...be brave and try liquid eyeliner on my top eyelid. I normally use pencil eyeliner on my bottom lid only. In high school, I stopped using eyeliner on my top lid because of once reading that it makes your eyes appear smaller, which is not what I wanted. For the past month, I have been wearing liquid liner on the top and not the bottom. It took awhile for me to get the application down, but I'm liking it. If anything, they make my eyes stand out more. I'm not too crazy for Revlon's Colorstay liquid eye pen, so I'm planning to try another kind.

...wear a black blazer with jeans and a casual tee. I really think it makes a nice bold statement to an outfit. Unfortunately, I'm having the hardest time finding the right blazer cut. The boyfriend blazer is so popular right now, but it's not the look I'm going for. I'm trying to find the shrunken blazer, like the one pictured above from J.Crew. However, the very few that I have found are way out of my price range. I'm crossing my fingers that I find one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment